Today on 5th June we are celebrating World Environment Day.So what we can do on this special day to save our mother earth?Today I would like to share a list of small but important things we should do everyday to save and clean our earth.
World Environment Day (WED) was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 1972.This year, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) has selected India for the first time as host of World Environment Day 2011. The Environment Day 2011 slogan is ‘Forest: Nature at your service’.
Here is The List of Some Small But Important Things–
1. Turn off the tap while brushing or shaving and this way you can save more than 200 liters of water every month.
2. Switch off the light, fan or air conditioner when you are not in your room.
3. Do not forget to turn off your car or bike engine when you are in traffic jams.
4. Please completely avoid using plastic bags.
5. Bring your water with you.Don’t buy it.Do you know that each one-liter plastic bottle takes seven liters of water to produce.
6. If it is possible then plant a tree.
7. Spread awareness on the importance of preserving our biodiversity.This is another great way to save our earth for our future generations.
Effort of everyone to save our environment will create a holistic impact for the environment.This is the time to plan for our planet.
Comments are closed.