Flash technology is becoming an important element for website designing since the past few years. Using Flash in a website allows enhancing the appeal of the website and attracting new visitors to the website however, some web design firms use Flash excessively thereby affecting the loading time of the website. Sometimes, some websites become extremely difficult and frustrating to use because of complicated interfaces. Therefore, a web design firm should use Flash in a way to optimize its benefits for the website. Flash is typically useful in adding interactivity to the website while still maintaining its attractive look and feel. Flash also improves the user experience thereby allowing the website to attract more and more visitors. Some tips for a web design firm to use Flash are as follows:
- Identify the Audience
The first step in using Flash for a website is to identify its audience. Once the audience is determined, designing the website and determining what tools and applications to use becomes simple. Therefore, first determine the audience, create a basic layout and theme, and start designing the website accordingly. The challenge for a web designer is to use flash in way to prevent the increase of loading time of the website. Without Flash, the website interface is not as attractive and it will definitely affect the user’s experience. They may end up preferring other websites.
2. Sufficient Bandwidth Flash utilizes more bandwidth than the conventional HTML websites. Therefore, to install flash into the website, you will require sufficient bandwidth to support Flash and run the website efficiently. To use Flash effectively and optimize the functionality of the website, you may need to find a balance between the quality of the image and its size. This would mean making use of vector graphics as they utilize less memory and allow you to maintain the quality of the image.
3. Repeat Graphics Sometimes, it is wise to repeat graphics. This way, you will not need to add in different images for each fact. With the decrease in the number of images to load, the loading time of the website decreases consequently. This will also reduce the capacity of the file and will not give a clustered look to your website.
4. Eliminate Loading Screens As already mentioned, the loading time of a website is extremely important. While using Flash technology, web designers should design the website to load the information dynamically while diminishing the use of loading screens. It is important to note that visitors of the website need information instantly and they get frustrated when the website takes a long time to provide information.
5. Maintain Updated Content One of the most important things for a website is to maintain updated content on the website. This can be achieved by maintaining content in simple text file version or XML format. When the content is available in this format, it can be updated easily without the need to republish Flash data.
6. Testing One of the most crucial steps is the testing of the Flash enabled website on different browsers. These tips are very useful for a web design firm in creating a flash enabled website. They will help you to enhance the functionality of your website.
This was a guest post by Conroy James and Conroy is a Professional Content Writer Working for More than 5 Year, Currently I am working in a Web Design Company as a Expert Content Writer. I have Expertise in Writing related Website Designer, Ecommerce Web Design, Web Redesigning, Custom Web Design and Social Media Content.