One of the hardest parts of maintaining a quality blog is coming up with ideas of what to write about. It can be difficult to continually provide good content. So here are some ideas for blog posts:
- Use Polls Submit a question or poll in one posts, and then after you receive an adequate number of responses, you can write another guest post about the results. Consider keeping the poll open ended (by having an “other” option) so people can submit their own ideas, which may lead to more post ideas.
- Guest Blogging Whether it’s someone you find online or someone you’ve worked with before, having other people contribute to your blog is a great idea to get new ideas and a new voice. You can even enroll friends, family, customers, or others to do it.
- What’s happening right now? Go to Twitter or Facebook or the news to see what people are talking about right now. Use that as a jumping off point and give your personal insight to the recent development and discussion.
- Expand Your Network Either through your website or in real life, meet and interact with new people. When your website or blog is discussed, ask them for new ideas and glean what you can from the conversation.
- Something Completely Different If you have a business blog, talk about yourself or your pets or your family. If you have a personal blog, discuss politics or an industry you’re interested in. Don’t be afraid to occasionally change things up.
- Do a Mini-Series Consider doing a three-part series on a topic that you know a lot about, and let people know. (Alternatively, if you find yourself already writing posts that are 1500+ words, divide them up and spread them out). You can also do a top-10 list, but use each as its own post (as long as you can give enough attention to each idea and don’t have 50-word posts).
Scott Spjut is a writer and editor who has been featured in various magazines, newspapers and websites – including Newsweek, the Washington Post, CBS News and the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Scott currently works with Professional Marketing International helping people change their lives.