With the growing population, the number of automobiles being bought on a yearly basis is also increasing. Due to the steady increase in automobiles, road traffic and accidents are also on the rise. For the safety of vehicle owners all over India and for a safety measure in terms of money against accidents, having a car insurance policy has been made mandatory by the Government of India.
For every individual who owns a two-wheeler or a four-wheeler automobile, it is important for them to own two wheeler insurance and car insurance policy. A car insurance policy is a backup plan as It provides medical insurance not only to the car owner but also other fellow passengers and anything person who is involved. The insurance also covers the repairs of the insured automobile.
Why Should You Buy A Car Insurance Policy?
If you look around at the best companies in the market, there are only few car insurance companies available to choose from. Choosing a car insurance policy that fits the needs of the buyer the most is the best car insurance to choose from. Some of the reasons to buy a car insurance policy include:
- Buying a car insurance policy has been made mandatory by the government of India.
- Provides medical cover survivors in an accident.
- Coverage for lawsuits including third person liability.
- Covers the cost of vehicle repair and all damages caused by the insured vehicle.
- Coverage for other damages like natural and man-made disasters.
- No claim bonus benefit for those insurance holders for claim-free years.
Choosing the Best Car Insurance Policy
Choosing the right car insurance policy can result in $590 in savings, if not more! So it’s definitely worth taking some time to ensure you choose the right one. In the Indian insurance market, there are a number of car insurance policies that are there to choose from. In order to choose the best car insurance policy that is perfect for the individual who is buying it, there are a number of factors that need to be kept in mind for the same.
Car insurance policies can be compared online where the many features, inclusions,and exclusions of the car insurance policy are all written in such a format that makes it easier for it to be compared easily. The key features of the car insurance plan is the first point that needs to be compared for all car insurance plans.
Many car insurance plans that are there in the market contain special inclusions that may not be available for other car insurance plans. The premium of the car insurance plan, the duration of the plan and the special bonuses and features of the plan all need to be compared in order to make a decision. All car insurance plans have add-on features to the plan that are either an option or are given complimentary to the plan.
Don’t Miss: 5 Tips To Find The Right Car Insurance
Common Inclusions of a Car Insurance Policy
A car insurance policy has a lot of inclusions that are meant to benefit the individual who is buying the car insurance. The inclusions of a car insurance differ from one car insurance policy to another. Some of the common car insurance policy inclusions are:
- Taking care of repairs of the insured car at the time of an accident.
- Towing services and other garage services for the insured car.
- Inspection and evaluation of the insured vehicle for changing of parts/repair work.
- Taking care of repairs under the condition of man-made or natural calamities.
- Repair of the insured vehicle under natural calamities such as earthquakes, floods, landslides, tornadoes etc.
- Repair of the insured vehicle under man-made calamities such as an act of terrorism, riots, fire, strikes etc.
- Protection of car from theft.
- Medical coverage of the individual who has bought the car insurance taken care of along with coverage for additional individuals in the policy.
- Third person liability. This takes care of the damage that the insured vehicle causes to any third person whether it be in the form of covering the medical bill for a third person or taking care of property damages.
Exclusions of a Car Insurance Policy
Though car insurance policies have a long list of inclusions, there are also certain limits to the car insurance policy that are listed under exclusions. Some of the common exclusions that all car insurance policies have are:
- Damages caused to the insured vehicle by someone who does not possess a driver’s license or is under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- Any loss or damage that is incurred on the insured car due to war, other attacks or by nuclear weapons/radiation.
- Damages to the insured car when someone is driving on the wrong side of the road or by an underage driver.
- Any damages to the internal makeup of the car.
- Damages that have been caused on the car when the insurance policy has expired.
- Damages caused by any other person other than the insured person while he/she was driving the insured car.
- Any accidents that are not considered to be claim-worthy by the insurance company.
Any accidents that are caused by the sheer negligence of the driver and which could be prevented.