As anyone who has tried to make money online can tell you, search visitors are among the most profitable users on the web. They type exactly what they need into Google, and if your website can deliver you stand a great chance of earning money.
The hard part, of course, is getting your site to rank highly in the search engines in the first place. This is easier said than done, as evidenced by the countless websites offering SEO tips but relatively few ranking for highly lucrative keywords.
On page SEO is important, but the key to high rankings is links. This is where blogging comes in. While the average eCommerce or affiliate website is of little interest to most webmasters, blogs offer the high quality editorial content and social interaction that website love to link at. Here are some tips for using a blog to draw high quality search traffic to your site.
Easy Tips to Boost Search Engine Rankings
- Put your blog in a subdirectory such as exampledomain.com/blog – Placing your blog here ensures that all the links that come into your blog will benefit your website as a whole.
- Take advantage of guest posting – Writing for other blogs is a great way to get exposure and links from other relevant websites.
- Post highly entertaining or useful content – Most bloggers will never link to your moneymaking site, mainly because that sort of content isn’t interesting. However, if you use your blog to post interesting content that has a wide appeal you can draw links by the hundreds.
- Get social – Use social media sites like Twitter and Facebook to get the word out about your blog and to connect with other bloggers and customers.
- Make connections – Don’t hesitate to strike up friendly relationships with other bloggers in your niche, but be careful not to ask for favors without providing any value in return.
- Give your blog it’s own brand – If your blog has it’s own unique identity that is separate from your main site, it will be more interesting to readers and will not look like it was just bolted on as an afterthought.
- Post consistently – Aim to post at least 3 times a week and stick with it. A blog with only a few sporadic posts will not attract links or readers.
Comments are closed.