A favicon (short for favorites icon) is the icon or little logo you see next to your browser address bar and in your browser bookmarks. Favicon also known as a shortcut icon, website icon, URL icon, or bookmark icon.
We can say favicon is a way to to personalize your site’s bookmark in your visitors Favorites menu. It helps you brand your blog/website and also help people to locate your site more easily in their bookmarks. The process is actually quite simple.
How to Add Favicon to Your Blog
1. Create a square image and upload it to http://www.html-kit.com/favicon/ to generate a favicon.
2. Download it and upload the .ico file it using an FTP client to /wp-content/themes/yourthemefilename.
3. Go to the WordPress admin area and then go to Appearance >> Editor.
4. Click on “header.php” to edit it.
5. Add the following code just before </head>:
<link rel=”shortcut icon” href=”wp-content/themes/yourthemefilename/favicon.ico” type=”image/ico” />
(Replace ‘yourthemefilename’ with your theme file name )
6. That’s all. Now you can see your favicon in browser address.
If you have any difficulty then please let us know in our comment section. Thanks for reading.