Steve Jobs, one of the greatest visionary,leader and CEO of our times died peacefully at the age of 56 few hours ago.”We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today,” read a statement by Apple’s board of directors.
“Steve’s brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve. His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts.”
Today we have collected some great quotes by Steve Jobs.If you have one you can add it to our comment section.
1. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma- which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary
2. Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works
3. A lot of companies have chosen to downsize, and maybe that was the right thing for them. We chose a different path. Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets.
4. You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.
5. Apple’s market share is bigger than BMW’s or Mercedes’s or Porsche’s in the automotive market. What’s wrong with being BMW or Mercedes?
6. I was lucky — I found what I love to do early in life.
7. Customers think the price is really good where it is. We’re trying to compete with piracy — we’re trying to pull people away from piracy and say, ‘You can buy these songs legally for a fair price.’ But if the price goes up a lot, they’ll go back to piracy. Then, everybody loses.
8. It’s like magic. You take away the machinery, and it’s just like magic. It’s amazing.
9. People are going to bring them home to work on something Sunday morning, they’re not going to be able to get their kids away from them, and maybe someday they may even buy a second one to use at home.
10. We use industry standard RSS so that anyone can subscribe. You do not even need a Mac.
11.Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
12. I think this is the start of something really big, … Sometimes that first step is the hardest one, and we’ve just taken it.
13. Recruiting is hard. It’s just finding the needles in the haystack. You can’t know enough in a one-hour interview.
So, in the end, it’s ultimately based on your gut. How do I feel about this person? What are they like when they’re challenged? I ask everybody that: ‘Why are you here?’ The answers themselves are not what you’re looking for. It’s the meta-data.
14. I mean, some people say, ‘Oh, God, if [Jobs] got run over by a bus, Apple would be in trouble.’ And, you know, I think it wouldn’t be a party, but there are really capable people at Apple.My job is to make the whole executive team good enough to be successors, so that’s what I try to do.
15. When I hire somebody really senior, competence is the ante. They have to be really smart. But the real issue for me is, Are they going to fall in love with Apple? Because if they fall in love with Apple, everything else will take care of itself.
16. I’m the only person I know that’s lost a quarter of a billion dollars in one year…. It’s very character-building.
17. Innovation has nothing to do with how many R&D dollars you have. When Apple came up with the Mac, IBM was spending at least 100 times more on R&D. It’s not about money. It’s about the people you have, how you’re led, and how much you get it.
18. Apple has some tremendous assets, but I believe without some attention, the company could, could, could — I’m searching for the right word — could, could die.