Welcome back to EarningDiary. Today I come with a lists of task you should do to increase blog traffic and the most beautiful thing is that you can do these without spending a dime. Just follow the following steps and drive huge amount of traffic to your blog/website.
1. Share your secrets:-This trick will work well if you have a established blog. I mean a blog with good Alexa or high PageRank. Just share what you have done to achieve your alexa or PageRank. Traffic will start follow automatically to your blog.
2. Guest posts:-This is a great way to increase your blog’s traffic. Find blogs similar to you and ask them if they are interested to writing for you. Else you can find high traffic blogs with good PageRank that accepts guest posts and write for them.
3. Commenting on other blogs:-Leaving quality comments on other blogs also help you increase traffic on your blog. Try to visit at least 15-20 blogs daily and leave your comments there. This method really works well for me.
4. Do something unique:-If you can do something unique that will attract people’s attention,then believe me you will get tons of traffic to your blog. So, please do something new that no one else has done till now.
5. Commenting on forums:-Another great but simple way to drive traffic to your blog. Participating in forums like digital point, Youngentrepreneur.com forums always helps you drive lots of traffic to your blog. Just add your blog url in your signature and get ready to get traffic.
6. Social Media:-This is another useful free source of traffic. Social networking sites like Facebook,Twitter becomes high traffic generation source for every blogger. You can also use sites like LikedIn, Stumbleupon, myspace etc to drive traffic.
7. Search Engines:-This is the place from where most of the bloggers generate major part of their traffic. Almost 60% of my total traffic comes from search engines. So, you must work on SEO to get higher place on search engine results. Remember to keep writing fresh content for the search engines to chew on!
8. Organizing a contest:-Actually this is a way to reward your readers.Organizing contests periodically helps you drive lots of traffic to your blog.You can provide free ad space, plugins, themes etc to your readers.
9. Create and distribute ebooks:-Most of the bloggers use this technique now a days.You can write a 15-20 pages ebook and can distribute it free to your readers.Include your blog URL throughout the ebook and you will get tons of traffic to your blog.