State Bank of India Probationary Officer (SBI PO) exam is conducted once in a year for recruiting candidates for the posts of Probationary officer. This is a highly competitive national level exam where around 15-20 lac students competing for just 2000-2200 posts every year. To clear such a tough exam, students need to prepare very well with proper practice. But before starting your preparation, full knowledge of eligibility, exam format, pattern and syllabus is a must. Today here we are sharing almost all the important information for the SBI PO 2017 exam.
SBI PO 2017 is scheduled to be held in June 2017 and the online registration process for the same would be start from April 2017. The exam is conducted in two phases i.e. preliminary and main. The advertisement for the SBI PO 2017 is expected to be released in February, 2017. If you want to appear in the upcoming exam, this is the high time to start your preparation.
SBI PO 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants must check the eligibility criteria to appear for SBI PO 2017. If you failed to fulfill any of the norms mentioned below, you won’t be permitted to sit in the exam.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent is required. Final semester students are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- The age of the applicant should be 21- 30 years (As on April 1, 2017).
SBI PO 2017 Exam Pattern
In 2016, SBI announced some drastic changes in exam pattern. The changes has been made for only SBI PO mains exam, not for the preliminary round. As per the new pattern, there will be fixed time for each section.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern:
The question paper of SBI PO Prelims Exam contains 100 question and each question carry 1 mark. Duration of the exam would be just one hour. Questions will be divided into 3 sections- Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English.
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern:
The Mains Exam of SBI PO will contain both Objective & Descriptive type questions. Total 150 questions would be there and the exam will run for 180 minutes. SBI PO 2017 Exam will contain the following Subjects:
- Reasoning & Computer Knowledge (60 marks).
- English Language (40 marks).
- Quantitative Aptitude ( 60 marks).
- General Awareness (40 marks).
You should also know that SBI Prelims and main both the exam has sectional cutoff. That’s why candidates need to focus on each and every subject equally.
How To prepare For SBI PO 2017 Exam
Firstly, there is no any secret to crack SBI PO. Proper plan, consistent efforts and willingness to achieve something special in life are the only ways to get success in the exam. Here we are listing some of the best preparation tips for SBI PO 2017.
- Take a look at the syllabus and make a proper day wise study plan.
- Monitor your progress regularly by taking Mock tests once in a week.
- Joining a coaching institute is not essential, but it always help you to gear up your preparation.
- Read blogs that share latest happenings, GK, banking updates regularly.
- No need to buy multiple books. One book is enough for each section.
Finally, you need to be too bright to crack the SBI PO in single attempt. There are many people who got selected after 3-4 attempt. So, don’t give up after just 1 or 2 attempt. You can visit India’s leading education portal Collegedunia.com to get all the details of SBI PO 2017.
You Might Also Like: MHT CET: Details, Syllabus And Exam Pattern