Most of us think that having a hobby is nothing but just a mere relaxation which takes tons and tons of money as a big black hole that acts only in one way. Therefore, we often tend to kill our one and only interest to manage our bills and leave a risk free life.
I have friends who were interested in aquatic life say fish tanks and aquariums but did not buy one for them because of the hardware and the fuel charges that add up. As an optimal solution, you can try making money from fishkeeping hobby.
Best Ways to Make Money from Fishkeeping Hobby
Here are few best ways to make money from fishkeeping hobby:
- Breeding Fish: It is no robot science. People often complicate breeding the fish as a complicated process because most of them try to go in bulk because of the inexperience. In the UK, you can’t compete with the famous Czech, Israeli farms due to their prodigious efforts. This is why you shouldn’t go for the common species because someone else must be doing it already. Be careful while choosing the fish knowing if they are boom or bust. Because in the fishkeeping field, they are many people who think in the exact same way as you do and you have to know about the market value and the floored value.
- Make your hybrid plant: If you’re a botanist or someone who knows a little about botany, you should know that aquascape has been an efficient way to earn money. People are looking for exciting plants to add to their aquariums, and some suppliers are looking forward to enlarging their range looking for new varieties. Learn a bit about pollination and make hybrid plants in your plant collection like a black Cryptocoryne or a big Hemianthus Callitrichoides.
- Write: If you have the ability to write quality words, many magazines will look forward to hearing about the fish keeping business. Every year, many sites and magazines owners look forward to the freelance writers who can write about the fish business. For example visit the site, 55 gallon fish tank which deals with the fishkeeping business to get an idea. Search for capable magazines that can give you some wages and write about different aspects of fishkeeping business.
- Photography: If you’re an expert in taking pictures of portraits, landscapes, and other indulging elements, take a camera and build up an archive by taking pictures of the plants, rare photographs and in that way you will get good money for the fish images of high quality.
- Buy & Sell: Buy and sell groups are popular on the social media networks like Facebook, Instagram et.al. For example, if you have a powerhead that never dies, pull the impeller out from it and put it on sale. This is the simplest formula if you’re looking to start a fundamental business. Next We’ve also mentioned other best ways to make money from fishkeeping hobby for you.
- Pet Sitting: Do you know that there are jobs that pay you like dog sitters and parrot watchers? It is the same case with the fishkeepers too. Just like any other pet sitting business where you will be asked to take care of the fish like feeding them daily, testing the water, evaporation levels and also testing the filter system on regular basis.
- Installations: A thing to consider about the installations is that 90% of the people who try this fail. If you don’t already know, Google about Akil Gordon Beckford who is the only one who gained international prominence in the aqua installations. However, if you want to start a business, you need to have a portfolio as a start. Therefore start from there and start making a network.
- Invent: Why not invent something on your own and circulate it in the market? For example, around the house aqua device or a siphon primer will work good in the market. You can also try inventing an algae remover, the new filter that makes the aquarium eco-friendly. Try inventing on small scale and go big. We have seen few innovative designs, for example, the Seneye monitor which is now well established in the market.
- Teach and Consult: If you are well equipped with the knowledge of fish keeping and has been prominent in this field for a while you can start being a consultant about it. Some people are very keen about the entire fish keeping business, and you can as well set few workshops regarding the same. Also, you can try knowing about the domain of corals and start being a coral suppliers which has great demand in the market.
- Be a part time retailer: Finally, you can also be a retailer. Know about acclimating the fish as a retailing business, and you can earn extra bucks by being a part time retailer who can help on occasional nights during the weekdays instead of spending time at home or even help out on Easter days, Christmas days or summer holidays.
By following any one way out of the above mentioned 10 different ways, one can earn adequate money from fishkeeping hobby. What are you waiting for? Start with buying a 55 gallon fish tank of freshwater or saltwater as a beginner and proceed gradually.